How to stay safe online
The Click CEOP button (above) is an asset of the National Crime Agency’s CEOP Command. The CEOP Command works to protect children from the harm of sexual abuse and exploitation both online and offline.
Internet safety is always high on the agenda at Thistle Hill Academy. We have extensive security measures in place, which are constantly monitored both internally and externally, to prevent our pupils from coming into any potential danger or accessing unsuitable material.
Lessons are taught from EYFS upward explaining and demonstrating how to stay safe when using the internet and working with technology.
Your help is still needed to prevent children accessing inappropriate material at home by way of filters and parental controls. Look below at our extensive list of links and resources for Parents/Carers, Teachers and Young People.
National Agencies and where to report a problem
- Child Exploitation and Online Protection centre CEOP’s homepage and report abuse button
- Think U Know – Advice for Parents, Teachers and Young people and teaching resources
- Internet Watch Foundation – Report illegal Content
- UK Council for Child Internet Safety (UKCCIS)
- Childnet International – Guidance for Parents, Teachers and Young People
- Kent Schools e-Safety Policy Guidance – This guidance and policy template will help schools to discuss the issues and review their e-Safety Policy.
- Internet Matters: www.internetmatters.org
- Lucy Faithfull Foundation: www.lucyfaithfull.org
- NSPCC: www.nspcc.org.uk/onlinesafety
- ChildLine: www.childline.org.uk
- Net Aware: www.net-aware.org.uk
- UK Safer Internet Centre: www.saferinternet.org.uk
Links for Parents/Carers
- Online Safety Booklet – A guide for parents (KS1&KS2)
- A parents’ guide to being Share Aware – Helping you to keep your child safe online (KS1&KS2)
- Ask About Games – Advice on computer gaming and how to apply parental controls (KS1&KS2)
- Common Sense Media – Providing unbiased information and trusted advice on media and technology (KS1&KS2)
- NCPCC Net Aware (KS1&KS2)
- Early Years e-safety – help introduce young children to the idea of internet safety (EYFS&KS1)
- Get Safe Online – Advice and guidance on Safety online (KS2)
- Yahoo Safety Tips (KS2)
- TeacherTube – Video Sharing website (KS2)
- Easywhois – Useful website to check who registered/owns a website (KS2)
- All about Explorers – Teaching children to evaluate reliability of online information. (KS2)
- That’s Not Cool – advice on digital relations for (KS3/4)
- www.saferinternet.org.uk/advice-centre/social-media-guides (KS1&KS2)